Background

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Going with the Flow

For those of you who don't already know, Chase got sent back to the Lake County Captains on July 29th. He got the news while the Indians were on a road trip, so he had to fly from Winston-Salem, NC to Cleveland, OH with only the stuff he had packed for their one week trip. And he's been living off of that for over two weeks now (He did make a trip to Wal-mart for clean socks and underwear, tho). Haha!

This news put us in kind of a bad position, because we were only a couple days away from August, and in order to get out of paying rent for that month, we had to be moved out before the 1st...and Chase wasn't coming back to Kinston. We had to make a quick decision that I would not be going to Ohio with him for the month left in the season--it just didn't make sense for us to move all of our stuff up there and get an apartment for such a short period of time. So, I was going to pack up our stuff and take it back to Georgia.

What would we do without family? After I got the news, I called a person I knew I could count on--Mom. She and my brother, Ian, were able to come up on SUPER DUPER short notice to help me get moved out. Aren't they just amazing? They drove up to Kinston Friday night, and we packed up the cars, cleaned the apartment, and were on our way out of town by lunch time on Saturday. I don't know what we would have done without their help! (Except maybe be out a month's rent!)

This kind of lifestyle can be very difficult. It was heartbreaking to find out that I wouldn't be seeing Chase in 3 days, like expected, but that I really didn't know when I would see him again. I realize that may seem a little dramatic, but in the moment, before I had time to process anything, it felt like my little world was ending.

But don't worry, because now, I have a ticket to go up and visit him on August 31st. It still feels like forever away, but at least I have a date to count down to. And I am in Georgia, surrounded by our wonderful family and friends, who are great sources of support and distraction.

Please pray for us as we are apart--that is never easy. And pray that Chase's little bag of clothing lasts him until I can come up-haha!

Going with the flow,

Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. Caitlin you two are so blessed. Girl Jesus could multiply fish and turn water into wine so Chase's bag will do him till his honey bee buzzes up to OH. Miss you here in K-town hope to see you soon and I know GA is happy you are there. Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are sad that you are not with your husband and that you won't see him till the end of the month, but I'm SO happy that you are back in Georgia!! It's nice to have one of my besties back in our home state haha. :) Love you much Miss Kitty, let's hang out soon!

    ReplyDelete