We drove all the way up here on Wednesday and stopped for lunch in Lexington to meet Mimi and Papa and Cindy and Haley at Cracker Barrel. It was so nice to see them and we were grateful for the break. The trip took us about 14 hours total and we were exhausted upon arrival. Chase drove straight to the field to check in and get his uniform. The team put us up in the Fairfield Inn next to the field and we went to sleep early!
Chase had to report for pictures, practice and a physical at 8 on Thursday morning. While he was busy with that, I checked out the mall that is right next to the field! Talk about convenient! It's a nice mall, with all the "essentials" but nothing like the Mall of GA. We're pretty spoiled! After Chase was done with his physical, we went out to our host family's home in Newton Falls. It's about a 30 minute drive from Niles.
We are living in the country! It is so beautiful! Right next door to the house we will be living in is a dairy farm! Chase and I took a walk out into the field last night and enjoyed the picturesque fields and barns.
Unfortunately, our host "dad", David Bryner, is in the hospital right now. He suffered a mini-stroke and is recovering. We have yet to meet him but it feels like we know him already! His wife, Jeanne, has been with him at the hospital most of the time. Her niece, great niece, and great-great niece met us at their house and helped us settle in and cooked us spaghetti for dinner. It was so sweet of them and we enjoyed getting to know them. They live very close by and I'm sure we will be seeing lots more of them this summer.
Jeanne, our host "mom", got in a little before nine last night and we talked to her for hours. She is such a sweetheart. She is a nurse. We also found out that she is a writer; a poet. She said that her writing is often inspired by her nursing--a profession she believes to be sacred since you deal with life and death everyday. She has 4 books published so far, I believe.
Last night was our first night in their home. They have built an addition onto their house and we are staying in a bedroom with a bathroom in it (no separation, I'll show pictures later). That will take some getting-used to! There is a little sitting room attached to our bedroom and the back porch is off of that. The view off the porch is beautiful! I hope to spend lots of time out there this summer.
Chase left early this morning for Jamestown, New York. He will be gone until Sunday night (we think). So, I am in the 'Brew Basket' in town in Newton Falls on the internet. Our host family doesn't have wireless internet at their house, so I'm not sure how often I will add new posts or reply on facebook. Until next time,
Here are some photos from the past few days:
Cincinatti
Welcome to Ohio!

The dairy farm next door.
Our new friend
Excited!
Love and miss you all! More to come soon.
Cait
We are so glad you made it there safely. We are so happy for you both. thanks for taking time to keep everyone updated by your blog
ReplyDeleteso excited we will be able to share your journey with you and Chase by blog. We love and miss you already! love the gibsons
ReplyDeleteLove you guys! I can't wait to come see ya'll, it seems like a little change of pace! I hope things continue to go well!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Glad you guys made it safe. Good luck tonight in the first game!
ReplyDeleteGlad you all arrived safely. Can't wait to read about everything you all are experiencing. Since Andrew tells me nothing, I am going to pretend that he is having similar experiences with his team! :) Good luck to Chase, and I look forward to hearing about when the GT guys play each other. JRow and Andrew play each other tonight!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to keep us all posted and a great way to capture all the memories that are here and are to come! Love you guys and can't wait to see Chase on the field. Take care!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Caitlin! This is so exciting. God bless!
ReplyDeleteWriting this blog is a great idea. It will be fun to keep up with you guys this way. The family you are staying with sounds wonderful and the farm looks beautiful. It will be great to hear about Chase's games as well. God bless you both in your new adventure. We will keep you always in our thoughts and prayers and will look forward to reading your blog. Love ya, The Nutts
ReplyDeleteThanks Caitin, this is great ! Enjoy and our prayers are with the both of you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the blog. We are so excited for you both. We love you both and are anxious to hear about the games and how your adjusting to living there. love Mamaw and Papaw.
ReplyDeleteCaitlin, I love the blog. It makes it seem like you and Chase are not so far away! Can't wait for the next post! We love you all!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey! I added you to my blog list. And I'm shopping for a new camera... any advice? How do you get your pictures on here to be long and lean? You can also change your font color (side is hard to read) by going to Design... Template Designer... Advanced.
ReplyDeleteSo back to your post. =) What in the world will you do to fill your time? I guess hang out with the cow. Those are beautiful pictures of the farm. Have fun at the mall, though. That's fun!
Just wanted to let you know I read this! :) Read another one of your posts too, but haven't commented yet. I plan to read all of them and comment as well. Anyhow. I'm so excited for you and Chase!! And I love where you're staying, it looks so fun and quaint and pretty! And it's so cool that you're living with a writer, I'd love to chat with her sometime! That would be awesome. Love both of you!! :) Please come visit me in NYC whenever you get a chance! [Btw, so glad you're keeping a blog bc I'm glad I get to keep up with you this way and see what you're up to!]
ReplyDeleteOh, and I forgot to say, I love all your pix!! :) You're quite the little photog, Miss Kitty!
ReplyDelete