So much has happened since my last update--crazy, life-changing things! Unfortunately, there is so much to tell everyone that I will probably have to spread it out over several posts.
A couple of weeks ago, Chase was released from the Indians organization. While he didn't have the best season last year, we were certain they would give him another one to see if he could get back to the sucess he had in short-season. And, they gave no indication that a release might be pending. All indications were that he would be back in High A to start the season. So, we were pretty shocked to get that news.
However, Chase and I both fully trust and believe in God's plan for our lives. Once we got past the initial shock, we can truly see all of the wonderful benefits for Chase to be home. It really uncomplicates so many things going on in our life right now. It just makes sense. We really think that this is the best thing that could have happened. First of all, Chase will now get to be here for every moment of the pregnancy. We don't have to worry if he won't be able to make it home for the baby's birth. That is such a comfort and joy to both of us. Not only that, but Chase won't have to worry about leaving us to go back after our little girl gets here. There is so much that he won't have to miss. I definitely think God sees that it is best for Chase to be here as we start our family. And we are so grateful that he gets to be!
Also, we just closed on a house on April 4th! Chase got to be back for the closing and moving in. We are having so much fun setting up our home and working on little projects together. There will be a post to come about this soon...hopefully.
Because Chase was drafted as a junior, he has some schooling left to do. After talking with the registrar, he was re-admitted to Georgia Tech for summer classes! Although he can't register for several weeks, and he's not particularly excited about getting back into school, we are thrilled that he can get back so quickly (the sooner that he can be done, the better)!
We will definitely miss our time in the baseball world. Chase misses it so much, already--he wasn't prepared to give it up yet. I will miss getting to watch him play everyday. We have had so much fun and learned so much. We have gotten to travel around the country and meet so many wonderful people. It is sad to think that that phase of our life is over. But, baseball will always be a part of us. We will always be watching and going to games. Chase has always wanted to coach. We will have to wait and see how it fits into our lives from this point on. We just know that it will be there--one way, or another.
Like I said--there have been so many incredible changes going on in our lives right now. God is so good, and we are so grateful to Him for all of these blessings. There is so much to look forward to in this next phase!
As always, thank you for reading! We really appreciate all of your support, interest, and prayers. I know so many of you have kept up with Chase by listening to his games, checking stats, and by being an encouragement to us. That has meant so much. Thank you!!
Well, I guess I will have to think of a new name for the blog now...any suggestions?? : )
Love to all,
Caitlin
We were so shocked too, to learn of Chase's release. He's such a awesome baseball player. I love your attitude, God has special plans for you all, and for Chase, being a good husband and father is obviously number one. I see Chase being a great baseball coach in the future, through Christ our Lord, he'll be a great leader to those athletic young men.
ReplyDeleteThank you! That is so sweet!
DeleteThere have been many times in the Milligan home that I have wondered God's plan, especially when it doesn't seem to be my plan. One thing for certain though is God knows better than me and sitting back and watching the story unfold has been what true happiness is all about.
ReplyDeleteYes, I am so glad that God's plan is THE plan and not mine. Thank you for the encouragment : )
Delete