Well, it looks like we will be heading to (with 99.99% confidence)....
...play video for the full effect...
KINSTON, NORTH CAROLINA!!
God is SO good. Chase and I are absolutely thrilled. Not only is this much closer to home, this is the next step up from where he ended last season. This also means we will be expecting visits from everyone!
Kinston is about 7.5 hours from Atlanta. The Kinston Indians are a member of the Carolina League and are the High A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians (for those who aren't as savvy with the baseball terms, like me, the levels of the minor leagues go like this:
Rookie League
Short Season A-Chase started here last year
Low A-He got moved up to this level at the end of last season
High A-He is starting here this year
Double A
Triple A
BIG LEAGUES).
They will play teams in the Carolinas, Virginia, and even Maryland. This is actually the last year that the Indians will be playing in Kinston. Next year, they will move to Zebulon, NC.
Rookie League
Short Season A-Chase started here last year
Low A-He got moved up to this level at the end of last season
High A-He is starting here this year
Double A
Triple A
BIG LEAGUES).
They will play teams in the Carolinas, Virginia, and even Maryland. This is actually the last year that the Indians will be playing in Kinston. Next year, they will move to Zebulon, NC.
Chase and the rest of the team will travel to Kinston on Sunday, April 3rd, from the Spring Training complex in Goodyear, AZ. I will be going up on Monday (YAY!!). Please keep us in your prayers as we look for a place to live and travel. We are so ready to be together again. I can't wait!
Here's some additional info for those who are curious:
City of Kinston website:
Wikipedia's take on Kinston:
The Tourist Guide (for when you come to visit):
Link to the Kinston Indians website:
Kinston Indians Schedule:
Love to everyone! More updates will follow once we get situated.
Caitlin

Okay, I am SO coming to visit you!! Definitely! :)) Yaaaaay! I'm SO glad you'll be close enough for me to take a weekend trip to come see you guys! And I have PTO days at work now, so I will definitely be using some to visit you! So so SO excited for you guys. And so proud of Chase for moving up & all that, wow! What awesome news. Keep me posted on everything that happens! Love you best friend! <3
ReplyDeleteP.S. Post some new pix of your furry baby soon please! Haha. ;)
Whoooo Hoooooo! Jim and I were planning on a trip to outer banks in May...going straight to the map to see if we need to go by Kinston on the way! Congrats and have fun. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteYea!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That's great that you are so close! Andrew is also going to High A, but it's in Lancaster, California. Guess they won't be playing each other this season..... Good luck and I hope Chase has an awesome season! Love you both and safe travels!
ReplyDeleteThat is great! Congrats! Prayers are with y'all in this new stretch of y'alls journey!
ReplyDeleteSounds good! =)
ReplyDelete