A new friend, Diana, took me hiking last week up Camelback Mountain. It was intense! Parts of the trail were very steep and you had to hold onto a metal pole to pull yourself up. I didn't make it all the way up, but the views were breathtaking! Hopefully I'll get another shot at it when I'm in better shape!
Surprisingly, there have been several days of rain in Phoenix since we've been here. It's been nice as it cools it down (it's still quite hot here) and the rain produces the most beautiful and vibrant rainbows here. I think within a couple days, we must have seen about 5!
Everything's been going at a fast pace here! I can't believe our time in Arizona is coming to a close. Chase's last day is Thursday, and then we will begin our longgg trip home with some sight-seeing along the way (or maybe a little out-of-the-way-haha). We are definitely going to Sedona, and the Grand Canyon. Also, we are going to get to stop in Memphis and stay with my cousin Hannah, her husband, Sean, and their new baby, Bailey!
This past weekend, I got to go with the young married's group at Katie and Jason's church on a retreat to Greer, Arizona. Unfortunately, Chase had to stay since he had to go to work :) I don't feel too badly about it because Chase got to go see Jerry Seinfeld with Diana's husband, Jeff, while we were gone. I am so grateful to everyone in the group for making both Chase and I feel so welcome. We definitely feel like we've made lots of new friends! And I got to play lots of nerts! It's also been soo nice to spend so much time with Katie, Jason, and Grayson! We have missed them tons!
While we were in Greer, we took several nature walks/hikes. It was really nice to be in the mountains, but it was cold! It felt more like home. See the deer in the last picture? We saw at least 4 herds on our walks!
We look forward to seeing our family, friends, and church families at Buford and Chestnut Drive when we get back. We have missed you all very much!!! See you soon!
Love,
Caitlin
Yea we made the blog!:)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely go to Sedona. If you get a chance, go to Jerome (former Copper Mine and boom town, later a ghost town, and now a tourist site with shops, restaurants, and museum).
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! We used to live in Arizona, I went to Arizona State, and my husband grew up in Thatcher.
ReplyDeleteYou should check out my blog, The Life of the Baseball Wife. It's got a lot of stories from my experiences as a baseball wife and stories from other wives as well. I'd love for you to share some of your stories on there with us!
http://www.baseballwifeblog.com
baseballwifelife@gmail.com
Don't you love new sights?! I love your hiking pictures. =)
ReplyDelete