Background

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Think Pink!!!

Chase and I had our 16 week appointment yesterday and found out that we are expecting a sweet little girl!!! We are beyond thrilled! It was such an amazing experience to get to see our little one again--we hadn't seen her on an ultrasound since 8 weeks (she really didn't look like much more than a blob then). She's sure been doing lots of growing in there! As we watched the screen, we could see her move and squirm around, even though I can't feel it yet. She looks like a baby now and we could see so many of her cute little features. I can't wait to kiss her little nose, hands, and feet in (hopefully) July!

Profile
Arm
Cute little foot

In the weeks leading up to us finding out, Chase and I tried to think of a creative way to tell our families. When in need of some creative inspiration, where else to turn to but to Pinterest? There were so many cute ideas, but we decided to bake cupcakes and put the corresponding color of frosting inside them. We had everyone bite into them at the same time to reveal our baby's gender. Everyone had to guess 'boy or girl' before they could find out, and I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the results! Everyone (except Jake) guessed girl---I guess we have some really intuitive people in our family! The cupcakes were by no means gourmet, but I think it was still a fun way for us to tell them.


Oh, Pinterest


Initial reactions

And again

Why, yes, that is a frosting mustache...

Now, on to the next big question.......what is her name going to be? We haven't really started the process of narrowing the list down. So, who knows when we will get that question answered....wish us luck!

Thanks for reading,
Caitlin

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how they go from looking like a peanut to looking like a baby? Congrats on the little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's incredible! Thank you, Jennifer! And congrats to you and Scott on your little boy!!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! That is so sweet! LoveloveLOVE the cupcakes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all three of you!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete