Background

Thursday, July 8, 2010

6 Months: How Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Have I mentioned lately that I have the BEST husband in the entire world?! Well, it’s true!! : )

Wednesday, the 7th of July, was Chase’s first day off from baseball since we’ve been here. He only gets four days off the whole time that we are here-until the first week of September! Knowing how tired he is and how precious this time is, I told him that we would do whatever he wanted to on his day off. They drove through the night on Tuesday from their series in Connecticut to get back to Ohio and I was perfectly prepared to hang around the house since he would probably want to sleep all day. But, that’s not what he wanted to do.

He decided that he wanted to surprise me for our 6 month anniversary (can you believe we’ve been married six months already?) and take me somewhere. He had the whole day planned for us in Pittsburgh, which is only about an hour away from us! I picked him up at the stadium at around 8am-that’s when they got back from Connecticut -and we packed, and were off. On the way, we stopped for lunch and then headed straight to the Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium. It was so much fun, but very hot! The high has been in the mid-90s with a higher heat index. We made sure to drink lots of water. Chase was glad to make it inside the air-conditioned Aquarium! Probably my favorite animal that we saw was a baby Orangutan. He was sooo cute and playful! He would come right up to the glass and interact with you. He was definitely putting on a show for those watching and loved the attention.

After the zoo, we went to our hotel and checked in. Our room had a stunning view of the city. He did very well, I was very impressed!! After we cleaned up from our hot day at the zoo, we got ready for our dinner reservations at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. It was very close to our hotel and so we were able to walk and see more of the city. I had never been to that restaurant before, but Chase had. We had yet to use a gift card to there that was given to us as a wedding present from the Romine family. Delicious! That’s all I have to say. Haha. Thank you, Romines!! Our waitress must have overheard us talking because they brought us out a dessert that said “Happy Anniversary” with chocolate syrup on the plate! Very sweet! The first picture is the nighttime view of Pittsburgh from our hotel room!!

Chase is utterly worn out and still sleeping as I’m writing this. He was out like a light last night!

Now, to back up a bit. Newton Falls, the town we are staying in, is apparently known for 3 things: their covered bridge, a tornado that devastated the town in the ‘80s, and their Fourth of July festivities. They have a big parade every year that people come from all around to see. Everyone has been so kind and welcoming to us and they asked us if we would ride in the parade! We had lots of fun. Chase had candy to throw to the kids and Scrappy, the Scrapper’s mascot, was able to come as well. He walked behind us in the car and I felt bad for him it that heavy, hot suit. The kids loved him, though, which we didn’t mind since it took the attention off of us. And...we got to ride in a beautiful car!! At the end of the parade, our driver, Richard, pulled over and introduced us to the congressman from their district. That's a first for me!

We have lots to look forward to this weekend! The Gibsons are coming to see us, Chase’s little fan, Hunter Waldrop, and his dad are coming, and Chase is playing against his good friend, Cole Leonida. I know he is excited to see him! It will be nice to see some familiar faces!

Hope Love to everyone!! Until next time,

Cait

5 comments:

  1. What a neat time y'all had for your 6-mo! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making memories that will last a lifetime!!! Love you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Delilah says "Meow!" which translates, "Hello to my first Mommy & Daddy!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. (I'm not Jimmy, not sure who he is, this is from Louise Plagman) I had heard you had a blog and was looking forward to reading it. So far, it's great! Good luck to you both, such an adorable couple!! Keeping up with Chase on the GT website, really good start, miss seeing you all at the Rusty C.

    ReplyDelete